Saturday, June 27, 2009

Music.

Lots of definitions. Lots of meaning towards people.
Most of the definitions of "music" from most people?

"19. Music - With out music I think most peopel would die. Music is one thign where kids today can go and get away from the world today" (source: Urban Dictionary)
Basically, that's somewhat a good definition of music, BUT, there are flaws. No, not just the spelling and grammar of the definition, but the fact that there is no REAL definition of "music".

To me, music is a work of art. No matter what form, what beat or anything. It's still music.
People don't quite understand that and grasp the fact that music is basically two things, and two things only:
Beats and Rhythm.

Does it really matter if you're going to speak throughout the whole song?
Or does it matter if you're going to scream throughout the whole song?
Or use profanity?
It's a way to express feelings. Express your culture on how you grew up.
I admit, I used to be one of those people who actually discriminate against music. But I grew out of that. People use genres against musicians.
So now, Bring Me The Horizon can't hang out with All Time Low. T-Pain can't hang out with Green Day.
It's basically saying that "blacks can't be with whites" or "asians can't be with mexicans".

My saying? Fuck it. What does it matter if a rapper and a country star get together?
Or a pop, top-40 artist is with a hardcore rock band?
Does it really matter?

I've seen too much hate against the Disney stars, such as, Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato and Jonas Brothers. Why? Why are they being hated?
Unless there was a really good reason to be hated, I see no problem with it.
Just because they work for Disney doesn't mean ANYTHING.
Who cares if they get paid a lot. They're still normal people, for gods sakes.

I'm sick of people and their definition of music.
I've always stuck to one definition and one only:

Beats and rhythm.



"12. Music - Music is just sequences of sounds and sometimes vocals put together.

Now, it has become categories in which today's people has put themselves in express to the world what they represent or what they represent.

Categories like gangstas, punk rockers, ravers, ginos, metal rockers, etc.

What I don't understand is why these categories constantly attack each other and their taste, most of the people who actually truly align themselves into a single demographic (most noticable are the "gangstas", but rockers are catching up...) Actually got into that music because it was the fad at the time.

This saying that people aren't truly expressing themselves, but are just emulating what's on TV or what their older friends do.

Music is music. All music is related to each other so make fun of one genre and you will make fun of every genre." (source: Urban Dictionary)

I give props to that person, because what they are saying, is what I am trying to say.